Sunday, June 28, 2009

An 11:11 Wish

The last couple of weeks have been hard for me. I'm not the type of person who likes to make waves with others. I usually avoid it. Whenever anyone is upset with me or disagrees with me, I feel like I am the one who is wrong and even feel badly or guilty. And when I share the things that I feel so deeply convicted about as being true about God and how He wants to interact with us, I get really nervous. Everyday I pray, earnestly asking God not to let me speak (or write) anything untrue, but only what is true and what He wants people to know. And everyday I find myself moved to share honestly, and I agonize over the words I choose, always checking my heart to make sure I write from a desire to help others and never to make myself look smart or manipulate anyone. And sometimes, I do feel the Spirit stop me or convict me.

About 10 days ago my sister in law suggested I write a Facebook post about the Trinity, since I told her what I had learned about it had been so influential in my life. I balked at the suggestion, knowing that what I would have to write would be the most controversial thing I had ever said (or at least feel that way). If I weren't me, I would write angry comments like "Who do you think you are?" in response. Yet I grew up feeling like I was missing something in my faith, and God generously spoke into my life to guide me closer to Him. It seemed like something worth sharing.

Anyway, I've lived in a state of anxiety for awhile now, and after the last post I felt like I needed some help. Some encouragement. I wished I were stronger and could just keep going, and I suppose I could, but last night at 11:11 God asked me what I wished for. When I was a child I used to play a game with a friend where everyday at 11:11 we'd make a wish, since it was the only time that all of the numbers were the same. So it struck me funny that God would play that game with me, but I felt His touch and knew it was Him. So I thought for a moment and told Him I needed some encouragement.

This morning first thing I got a timely word of encouragement from an unexpected source. It was exactly what i needed to hear, though I could not have guessed beforehand just what would buoy me up so well. Thank God for His kindness toward us, who are so weak.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jen

    My name is Bing and I am a 11:11 Lightworker. I have done extensive research on the 1111 time prompt alerts and their meanings. If you would like to learn more about this and related topics such as Divine Love you can visit my site at:

    http://jasonsnetwork.com/Bing

    I am also including three short videos that I would like you to watch and enjoy. I am sure that you will want to share them with others as well.

    http://www.hasanyonetoldyou.com/

    http://www.mayyoubeblessedmovie.com

    http://www.youarethelightmovie.com/

    I don't know if you noticed, but your post time was 11:44 :-)

    Throw some love into the wind
    Bing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bing, it is kind of you to share, though I cannot agree with the ideas your movies propose. Jesus Christ said to "let your light shine before men, that they may see your good works and praise your Father in heaven." Jesus called Himself that Light, and told those who believed in Him that He would come to live inside of them. Therefore, the Light does not come from us, but from Him. It isn't "our" light truly, as your last movie suggests. It is His. And only those who have offered their lives to Jesus Christ are indwelled by Him (ie the Light), and may "shine".

    God will indeed shed His light in the world through His children. If you want to see the world changed, talk to Jesus Christ and offer your life to Him. Let Him do the shining through you.

    P.S. I do not believe that 11:11 has any significance in itself. It was merely the time that God chose to speak to me, perhaps as a little bit of humor in memory of my childhood silliness.

    ReplyDelete