Sunday, June 21, 2009

A little help

Today God showed His compassion to me once again. Last night I was sick and didn't get very much sleep and couldn't do anything about it. We had a long day yesterday and Father's day would likely be just as busy, and I began to worry about how I was going to make it. I didn't want to let anyone down, but if my kids woke up at their normal time I wasn't sure I would even be able to get out of bed, much less do all the day demanded. Anyway, somewhere in the middle of the night I prayed and told God that I was at His mercy. He had cared for me in the past and I knew I'd make it through the coming day if I just placed myself and my needs completely in His hands. Well, I finally fell asleep somewhere around 530am, but the kids didn't wake up till almost 10. More than that, Kurt let me stay in bed and got them up himself, even though it was Father's Day and he should have been the one lounging around. Thank God for these small kindnesses.

No comments:

Post a Comment