Wednesday, April 29, 2009

All of eternity is in My hands

This morning I was lying in bed going over everything I wanted to do in my mind. I thought a lot about the article and some artwork I'd like to do to go along with it, praying about the ideas and asking for help. After awhile I was suddenly struck with guilt over the fact that I hadn't gotten my kids up yet. Then the pressures of the day dropped on me like a lead cloud and I felt bewildered.

I decided that I just couldn't get up without spending a moment in prayer about the day, so I began in the Lord's prayer, trying to quiet my heart before Him and sincerely ask that His will would be done on earth. I don't remember how far I got into the prayer, but all of a sudden the pressure I was feeling dissipated. He seemed to say to me All of eternity is in My hands. I was overcome with a sense of perfect peace, like it was downright absurd for me to feel pressure or stress about anything. "But Lord," I asked, "I know that there are some things that You won't do unless we ask You to. How much do I need to pray about, and how much will You just do?" Immediately I got a response. Talk to Me about everything. Every desire, thought, fear. He wants me to share my whole life with Him, at every moment. And since I know that He hears everything I say to Him, I can also be fully confident that He is caring for every concern of mine, down to the tiniest detail.

Share, rejoice, listen. Share, rejoice, listen. Share, rejoice, listen. I'm so thankful for His answer today!

2 comments:

  1. That is a great testimony. What I've noticed is that when I talk to the Lord about everything, my intimacy level with Him increases. I am able to be more in touch with the reality of His constant presence with me. Otherwise I get lost in the business of my day and lose sight of Who I'm busy for. Talking and listening is so important, especially in our intimate relationships. How much more do we need to talk to & listen to the Lord! I heard a teaching today that we (the church in general, people who proclaim to be Christians) need to return to knowing God & His ways, not just knowing "about: Him. He said there are not too many people who can say, "I know Him". The church in general has replaced power with programs, revelation with administration and we've replaced the Father's Heart with organizational skills. He was talking about the coming perfect storm that is coming to USA & the world (5 areas/storms are Geophysical, War, Political, Religion & Economics)and how our personal relationship with the Lord, knowing Him, trusting Him, etc, is what will get us through it. It was so encouraging to hear how each of us that trust Him have been created for this time. None of what is coming today and the next few years will be a surprise to God. Plus He has already prepared each one of us for whatever turbulence we encounter! We were called from the beginning to live in this day, in this time. Staying close to Jesus & knowing His voice is vital. I really want to share more about this, but I think I'll do it via another medium.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts. I think you're right--intimacy with the Lord is the way to weather life's storms. And I think I'm seeing Him really draw people into that relationship in a new way. If the speaker you heard is correct in their predictions about what is coming, we'll all be able to find victory and peace in those circumstances through the real faith that comes of intimacy with the Father.

    ReplyDelete