Thursday, April 14, 2011

Psalm 23

Recently we moved to a new home back in my hometown. We had been looking for a place with a yard for our energetic, growing kids...being on the top floor of an apartment building just wasn't working out so well anymore. We were looking at two places and I just wasn't sure what would be good. I had some reservations about each place and was really torn about what would be the right place to move to, if either would be. There was just no way to know. So I prayed, and I thought about Psalm 23. "You make me lie down in green pastures; You lead me beside the quiet waters..." And so I told the Lord that I knew He was my good shepherd and asked Him to lead us to the good pasture, wherever He knew that would be and no matter how I felt about it. It's hard to explain but somehow I then *knew* which was the right place to go. I didn't feel it...I still had feelings of reservation...yet at the same time I knew that they would be resolved; that everything would work out.

Now here we are. All of my concerns ended up being nothing. We love our new place. There is peace here. The kids are happy and enjoy the yard. The street is lovely with green trees and lots of birds and flowers. The neighbors are great...green pasture. It really is everything I needed and wanted and I am so grateful to my shepherd.

No comments:

Post a Comment